the excavation of canals it is lined or paved to reduce water seepage.
The paving of canal is done through paving machine or pavers which line
both side of the canals and then do the final paving. The finishing
width of the the paver is high and this could be achieved at very high
rate. The special under carriage, consists of a spreader augar, spreads
the concrete to level, the finishing cylinder to compact and finish the
concrete to the grade. This machine can also be used alternatively for
bed and slope finishing.
Some of the features of the machines are as follows :
- By changing transition, inserts slope angle may be varied.
- The basic machine can finish different canal with different
slope width by adding inserts.
- The pavers generally have hydraulic motor on each auger and
- The pavers also has electronic operator control functions.
- The pavers are powered by liquid cooled diesel engines.